This BITT PROTECTOR Kit is designed to treat life threatening gunshot and/or traumatic injuries. It’s a multi-optional carrying system inside and out. It can be worn on the extremities, vest, belt, or in a cargo pocket. It can be carried in your pack, around the butt stock of your long gun and can fit on your headrest, visor or in your glove box. These contents treat the preventable causes of death with both commercial and field expedient back -ups. The kit also comes with step by step directions (with pictures) on the “how to” following proven protocols. This is crucial as “medical memory” can sometimes fade in-between training. With multiple pockets and elastic bands, the carrier allows for swapping content and/or adding gear if you choose.
- The carrier itself can be utilized as an additional pressure bandage to a commercial or improvised dressing as it can wrap around the arm or leg over the dressing and secure snugly on itself. Also be utilized as a short term splint for joint stabilization; situation dependent.
- Step by Step instruction sheet that can also be cannibalized as an additional chest/back seal if needed.
- Under the instructions is an additional 5 x 9 sheet, zip-tie and cravat. Cravat is multi- purpose (tourniquet, sling, bandage) Combine it with the zip-tie and you’re 2/3 into a field expedient tourniquet.
- “SWAT-T”: this NTOA approved tool can be used as a tourniquet, pressure dressing or all -purpose wrap. It will work on adults, children and K-9
- Beacon Vented chest seal
- 4 x 4 and a Vaseline gauze which is your backup seal.
- 42 inches of flat tape to secure bandages and chest/back seals
- Pressure dressing with 4 inch pad and ties to secure on itself