The N49 Ultra Light Weight (ULW) Ballistic Helmet is for operators who need to have the ability to move faster, wear for longer periods with comfort and have optimal ballistic protection. Despite its deceptively light weight, the N49 provides NIJ Level IIIA protection.
At just over one pound*, the N49 is the lightest helmet to provide ballistic fragmentation and blunt impact protection.
Shell is manufactured with advanced Ultra- High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
No holes through the shell of the helmet for any accessories other than the standard 3 hole NVG bracket eliminating the possibility for secondary projectiles
Bolt-less retention and no-bolt-thru rails reduces weight and maximizes industry standard ballistic protection
Full tactical kit is standard configuration with Rails, NVG and Bungees
High-Cut allows for easier integration with ear protection, communications and other tactical accessories
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Ballistic protection with the comfort of a Bump Helmet
- D30 TRUST Stealth Helmet Pad Systems
- Provides excellent blunt impact protection and comfort
- X- Back or Dial Retention Systems
- Custom and secure no thru-bolt attachment
- Boltless retention & rail attachment increases shell integrity
- Included standard w/ NVG, Rails & exterior loop set
BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE TESTING
NIJ Threat Level
NIJ 0106.01 with NIJ 0.108.01 Level IIIA Threats
(9mm FMJ/44mag @ 1400-1450 ft/sec)
Tested in accordance to NATO STANAG 2920
17 gr .22 caliber FSP V50 ≥ 2200 ft/sec (670 m/sec)
FINISHED SHELL WEIGHT
(Includes edge trim and paint)
Click here to view N49 ULW Ballistic Helmet sizing instructions.